This Website is currently under construction to meet ADA compliance. If you need assistance with anything from the site please contact Alma at 239-657-2111.
The Immokalee Fire Control District Board of Commissioners will have a Final Budget Hearing on September 23, 2020 at 4:00pm. This meeting will be held at 502 New Market Rd. E., Immokalee, FL 34142. If you need special assist to attend the meeting please call Alma Valladares at 239-657-2111.
Dear Community Members,
As a community we continue to closely monitor efforts to contain and stop the spread of CoVid-19 nationally and locally. The CDC has recommended Social Distancing as one of the most effective means to prevent spreading the virus. In an effort to protect the health and safety of the community and our firefighters, the Immokalee Fire Control District has implemented the following steps to maximize our Social Distancing without sacrificing emergency response to calls for service.
- All District sponsored travel for education, conferences, and professional development has been cancelled until further notice.
- Restrict fire station access to only current on-duty personnel.
- All station and site tours for youth, school, or community groups shall be postponed.
- Postpone non-essential internal training that requires multi-company gatherings.
- Deliver training, roll call, or meetings virtually with a conference call or web meeting.
- Eliminate unnecessary internal in-person group meetings (cancel if possible). Require any face-to-face meetings to less than 10 attendees and spread out so they are at least six feet apart. No food, drink, or handouts are permitted.
- Limit unnecessary routine movement of on-duty personnel within the community and interaction with large groups in public places. This includes retail, grocery stores, and restaurants.
Fire Chief/District Manager
We’re proud to be one of Florida’s 1700+ special districts, each delivering specific services effectively, efficiently, and with local control. Learn more about Florida's special districts at FASD.com
Prompt Firefighting and Humanitarian Services
The Immokalee Fire Control District is committed to protecting the people and property within our community. We will be responsive to the needs of our citizens by providing rapid, professional, humanitarian services essential to the health, safety, and well-being of the community.
We will accomplish our mission through prevention, education, fire suppression, first responder medical service, and other related emergency and non-emergency activities. We will actively participate in our community, serve as role models, and strive to efficiently use all of the necessary resources at our command to provide a product deemed excellent by our citizens.
The Immokalee Fire Control District is an Independent Special Taxing District established by an act of the Florida Legislature in 1955 (Chapter 55-30666 Laws of Florida), with the latest revision to the District’s codification included in Chapter 2000-363 Laws of Florida and signed by the Governor into law on May 22, 2000, and operating under the authority of Chapters 189 and 191, Florida Statutes. The legislation created a fire control and rescue district covering 234 square miles of Collier County, Florida. The purpose of the District is to provide fire protection and prevention services, establish and maintain emergency medical and rescue response services, and acquire and maintain firefighting, rescue, medical, transport, and other emergency equipment.
Upcoming Schedule of Events
All Meetings are held at 502 E. New Market Rd. with the exception of January, April, July and October meetings, they are held in Ave Maria at 5076 Annuciation Cir. #103.
|09/17/2020||6:00pm||Regular Board meeting|
|09/23/2020||6:00pm||Final Budget Hear|
|10/15/2020||6:00pm||Regular Board meeting in Ave Maria|
|11/19/2020||6:00pm||Regular Board meeting|
|12/17/2020||6:00pm||Regular Board meeting|
|01/21/2021||6:00pm||Regular Board meeting in Ave Maria|
|02/18/2021||6:00pm||Regular Board meeting|
|03/18/2021||6:00pm||Regular Board meeting|
|04/15/2021||5:00pm||Regular Board meeting in Ave Maria|
|05/20/2021||6:00pm||Regular Board meeting|
|06/17/2021||6:00pm||Regular Board Meeting|
|07/15/2021||6:00pm||Regular Board meeting in Ave Maria|
|08/19/2021||6:00pm||Regular Board meeting|
|09/16/2021||6:00pm||Regular Board meeting|
Crowd managers are required by law for all assembly occupancies! This class cost $10.00 per person. If anyone is interested in this class please Call: 239-657-2111 to register for am or pm class. Classes held at the Fire Station, 502 New Market Rd. East.
In accordance with the 2006 NFPA 101 Life Safety Code, Sections 220.127.116.11/18.104.22.168, establishments with an occupant load of at least 50 people shall have at least one trained crowd manager or crowd manager supervisor. When the occupant load exceeds 250 people, the establishment must provide additional trained crowd managers or crowd supervisors at a ratio of one for every 250 occupants.
The Safe Haven Program is designed to temporarily assist infants who are in need of assistance with medical, housing or family issues.
Volunteer Program consisting of 18+ year old adults who are interested in assisting the fire department at events and emergencies by receiving education from variety of practical courses.
- Your road may be blocked.
- You could possibly lose power.
- Should there be an evacuation, remember this is for your families safety.
- Deliveries will probably be interrupted.
- School buses may be delayed or have to return to school.
- If you can not swim well, stay where you can touch bottom.
- Never force a child to learn to swim. If he or she is afraid, they are not ready yet.
- Learn, practice, and remember how to float.
- Only swim in areas where there is a lifeguard or an adult watching.
- Use the buddy system. Never swim alone.
- Always obey the lifeguard and follow posted swimming rules.
- No rough play or showing off.
- If you hear thunder or see lightning, get out of the water.
- Never allow infants to swallow a lot of pool water. It could cause seizures.
- Learn CPR!
Interactive information presented to an audience with an Automatic External Difibrillator on or around their home or work. This is a more advanced Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation instruction.